Organizations hire us for undercover workplace investigations because we solve problems. Most of our work comes from repeat clients and client referrals.
Diversified Risk Management Inc. can help your workplace run problem-free. An undercover investigation is critical for thoroughly and effectively resolving difficult-to-investigate situations such as theft, substance abuse, or other forms of serious employee misconduct.
- Why: Undercover workplace investigations are employee-interactive. This method develops first-hand evidence and information concerning suspected employees. If necessary, our operatives can testify in court.
- When: Your situation may merit an undercover employee investigation when your company suspects that a potential or serious problem exists within the workforce. An undercover operative has the best chance of confirming or disproving rumors, and exposing the guilty parties.
- Who: Within the company, only top level management, directors of security or human resources personnel should have any knowledge of the use of undercover operatives or of the investigative findings.
- Where: The undercover investigator should be placed in a position that allows mobility and access to suspected employees. Multiple investigators may be required to investigate various shifts and departments.
- What: A multi-faceted effort. We maintain daily, two-way communication with our operatives to continually share and assess new information and to strategize our efforts. The undercover operative will detail all his/her findings in a daily report submitted after each shift worked. Close supervision contributes to the successful outcome of the assignment.
Our operatives gather pertinent evidence of gross policy violations by engaging in hand-to-hand buys of stolen company property, illicit drugs, or trade secrets. When appropriate, the undercover workplace investigation is augmented by the proper and lawful use of covert surveillance, sting operations, and when necessary, with assistance from local law enforcement.
We have enabled employers to improve their bottom line by substantially reducing losses associated with theft, poor performance, time falsification,substance abuse, product tampering, equipment sabotage and other forms of dishonesty and criminal activity. Some clients have found it unnecessary to replace the offending employees, thereby improving morale and increasing profits. Our unique, systematic approach has allowed our clients to enforce company polices without fear of reprisal or potential litigation.
Diversified Risk Management Inc. uses a proven and effective process for all workplace investigations.
- Tactical Planning
- Evidence and Information Gathering
- Interviews and Corroboration of Intelligence
- Submission of Final Report for Corrective Action
- Screening, Training and Prevention
We have experience in successfully investigating misconduct and criminal activity for employers in practically every industry, including aerospace, automotive, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, electronics, computer technology, newspaper, transportation, agriculture, steel products, forestry products, food manufacturing/processing, law firms, municipalities, non-profit assisted living organizations and all facets of manufacturing and warehouse distribution.
Diverting from our process will reduce the effectiveness of the investigative approach and significantly increase the risk of a repeat problem in the future.
Addressing all the issues in a thoroughly comprehensive and ethical manner, and using all the tactics available, is your best guarantee of success.
Please view our recent undercover investigation article.